Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

195 Countries, An Introduction

 
 
Map picture

Many years ago, I received as a gift the travel book “1000 Places To See Before You Die”.

 

 

1000 Places This seemed like an impossible task.

However, inspired by my best friend, we manage to rework the numbers using a bit of Enron and Wall Street accounting practices.

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of 1000, How about 195? Instead of Places, How about Countries? We are still working on the "Before You Die" part but I think I have a head start.

 

 

Having been born in a country it's now 194. My work and passion for travel knocks off another 40.

The numbers are shrinking like my 401k retirement account and makes this task seem more and more possible.

Please join me with your stories and comments as I chronicle with sometimes questionable memory my life through two of the many things I enjoy, travel and writing.

 

 

 

 

 

My First Childhood Home
 
 

I will begin with the most important country, my birthplace.

 

No comments: