Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

NEW ZEALAND – WHITTAKER’S WARNING

A MAJOR DISCOVERY.  CNN BREAKING NEWS.

Based on a tip from a fellow “fodorite”, I have been secretly in search of a recommended local candy bar.

 

Peanut SlabWhile making a petrol stop in Whangarei City huge quantities of NEW SUPER PEANUT SLAB BY WHITTAKER’S has been discovered.

 

A ridiculous offering is made to buy two and get one free. It remains top secret how many were purchased but it is safe to say KIT-KAT has met its match.

This reporter encourages you to not resist the temptation just fight your new found addiction.

For CNN, this has been DMB reporting.

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM.

 

Town Basin Marina Having my new discovery safely secured, I take a brief walk around Whangarei City. The downtown is the way down towns should be.

 

 

Quaint stores and restaurants line the streets without the mega mall syndrome.

 

Clock Museum I attempt to visit the largest collection of time pieces in the southern hemisphere at Clapham’s Clock Museum but I am late.

 

 

After a “Thai Chicken Pot-Pie”, I start south back to The City Of Sails and I am entertained on my drive by a local talk radio program.

From the silliness of costumes at work (aka uniforms), to the origination of the 8 hour work day (24hrs in a day 8 to work, 8 to sleep and 8 to do whatever you please), to a man caught making tea naked in his home somewhere in Colorado, I get a good sampling of what’s on Zealanders mind.

What’s a Jay Bird anyway?


Tower Skyline Back in Auckland City, I reflect on the genuine politeness and courtesy that I have experienced from Zealanders today.

 

 

 

From a gentlemen handing me an open bag in the bakery section of a grocery store to the courtesy of drivers that use turn signals as they pass you on the highway.

 

City Lights It’s a nice feeling to end the day with.

No comments: