Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Antarctica, My Heroes

 

I imagine if Willie Nelson had been on board the Akademik Ioffe he would have had another hit. This one centered around the certifiably insane “Polar Plungers” and I would have been more than happy to be his Quincy Jones.

 

 

Plunger Fans On a nice sunny but freezing Antarctica morning, along with a few others I stand on the outside of the Akademik Ioffe cheering on fellow passengers.

 

 

 

They are making the most of their Antarctic experience and maybe proving their lack of sanity in the process.

From shrieks and shivering panting to back flips and underwater swimming, these crazy dare devils delight and entertain us.

 

Senior PlungerAlong the way I have found new heroes, ones without hats or boots!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: