Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Canada, Charming Peterborough

 

I arrive in Toronto a day and a half early for the main reason I am visiting this wonderful city. My early arrival gives me an opportunity to explore a bit more of the Toronto area. With a Payless rental car, I head north.

 

CANYYZ 003Little did I know that I would wake up in the hometown of the makers of Gatorade and Granola Bars.

It's about 11am before I am fully shined and ready to explore a bit more of Ontario.

 

 

Making my way towards downtown Peterborough, I arrive about 45 minutes too early for a Liftlock Cruise. However, it turns out to be no problem to past the time as I walk along Little Lake waterfront.

The morning air is crisp and the skies are clear as the signs of fall are beginning to take shape among the trees.

 

 

SAMYYZ 001Little Lake

 

 

For some reason I am fascinated by a railroad bridge across Little Lake and head that way. Talking to a local biker I am told the train usually comes by in the afternoon and so far in all of her crossings she has been lucky.

 

SAMYYZ 007Even with a “Stand By Me” movie flashback, I take my chances.

I am rewarded with even more spectacular views.

 

 

 

 

Looking between the gaps in the track I can see straight to the bottom of the lake about fifty feet below.

 

 

CANYYZ 008I reach my turn around point at the Silver Bean Café which has a great lunch menu with healthy selections and offers free Wi-Fi.

 

 

 

 

 

CANYYZ 006Just below The Silver Bean you can rent canoes for a peaceful way to explore Little Lake.

I wish I had the time to sit on the patio and enjoy the beautiful fall scenery but I think down the street my ship is about to come in.

 

 

 

 

CANYYZ 015Fall Foliage On Little Lake

 

 

 

.

No comments: