Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Canada, Charming Peterborough

 

I arrive in Toronto a day and a half early for the main reason I am visiting this wonderful city. My early arrival gives me an opportunity to explore a bit more of the Toronto area.

With a Payless rental car, I head north. Little did I know that I would wake up in the hometown of the makers of Gatorade and Granola Bars.

It's about 11am before I am fully “shined” and ready to explore a bit more of Ontario.

 

CANYYZ 017Making my way towards downtown Peterborough, I arrive about 45 minutes too early for a Liftlock Cruise.

However, it turns out to be no problem to past the time as I walk along Little Lake waterfront.

 

 

 

SAMYYZ 001Little Lake

 

 

The morning air is crisp and the skies are clear as the signs of fall are beginning to take shape among the trees.

 

SAMYYZ 007For some reason I am fascinated by a railroad bridge across Little Lake and head that way.

Talking to a local biker I am told the train usually comes by in the afternoon and so far in all of her crossings she has been lucky.

 

 

 

 

CANYYZ 004Even with a “Stand By Me” movie flashback, I take my chances.

 

 

 

 

 

I am rewarded with even more spectacular views. Looking between the gaps in the track I can see straight to the bottom of the lake about fifty feet below.

 

 

CANYYZ 008

 

 

 

SAMYYZ 009I reach my turn around point at the Silver Bean Cafe that has free Wi-Fi and offers a great lunch menu with healthy selections.

Just below Silver Bean you can rent canoes for a peaceful way to explore Little Lake.

 

 

 

 

CANYYZ 015Fall Foliage On Little Lake

 

I wish I had the time to sit on the patio and enjoy the beautiful fall scenery but I think down the street my ship is about to come in.

 

 

No comments: