Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Norway, A Few Days Without Sunlight

 

 

ST76 DEC19 095After about twelve hours of flying I am at 69 North, 18 East in “The Land Of The Midnight Sun” except I am here to experience life without a few days of sunshine.

 

 

 

 

Arriving in Tromso I am met at the airport by my host for the place I will be staying over the next few days. After dropping off another guest at a different location, I am driven to a “Home Sleep” apartment in a local neighborhood.

 

ST76 DEC19 100Here I will be staying in a private room sharing an apartment with a family from South Africa.

Already I feel like I am having a more real Norwegian experience.

 

 

 

A few minutes spent chatting with my fellow guests and my excitement has already grown at all the possible fun things to do.

Door sledding tomorrow where I can drive my own sled, a Northern Light excursion, Skiing & Snowshoeing so much to do.

 

 

ST76 DEC19 117For now, it's a walk into town for dinner then maybe time to explore Tromso's nightlife as I wait for the skies to clear and hopefully some Northern Lights to appear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Arctic CathedralThe Arctic Cathedral Across The Bay

No comments: