Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Vietnam, Calling All Dentists

 

 

060Besides all the cool stuff I am learning about Vietnam by touring the Mekong Delta, I discover I might have at least one thing in common with the Vietnamese people, a weakness for sweets.

 

 

 

As we watch syrup and another sweet being made, our tour guide points out that being a dentist here might not be a bad profession.

 

 

2012-07-01 11 52 53The resourcefulness of different cultures is amazing to experience as I have learned so much about the many uses the Vietnamese have for coconuts and rice. Even the kernel of the rice is used to fuel a fire for cooking.

 

 

This portion of our Mekong Delta tour ends sipping some Jasmine Tea with me have some regrets that I did not have the stomach to try the Medicine Wine. Maybe next time.

 

 

No comments: