Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Vietnam, American Military Equipment

 

 

072Back in Ho Chi Minh City, we take a walk over to a museum that we are told over it's history has had many names.

On the grounds of the War Remnants Museums are what I consider the less heart tugging reminders of the conflict here.

 

 

As someone that has been fascinated with aviation from my early childhood, I am always in awe of flying machines and the miracle of flight. To touch a UH-1 helicopter, the aircraft that symbolized for me more than any other aircraft the US presence in Vietnam is simply a cool experience.

 

 

075For a moment I withdraw the war aspect of these machines and admire those that designed and operated them.

Their courage and sacrifices should not be forgotten.

 

 

 

 

No comments: